Tuesday, September 15

Triple Date

What a fun, FUN, fun night. Yes Tiffany we had a blast!

So Chris and I have opposite schedules and because of that we hardly see each other, well let me rephrase that, we see each other ALL day long, because he works from home. But we don't get much quality time together. So I have a wonderful friend from work who I've gone to a few movies with (Twilight with my family, The Proposal with another friend from work) because they are the chick flicks that I otherwise wouldn't see in the theater and doubtfully from the rental store either. She is so much fun to hang out with.

During The Proposal we saw a preview for All About Steve. It looked hilarious and Tiffany proposed (ha get it we were at The Proposal..proposed...forget it) that we three take our husbands to it. Now I know my husband and was kind of in fear he would retaliate this decision of mine. I pulled out my batty sad eyelashes, my sad dog face, and asked in the kindest voice. Then proceeded, without a pause, to list the movies we have recently gone to and how they mostly are catered to the male gender and how its has been FOORRREVVER since we saw a "chick flick" together in the theatre.

Apparently I didn't need all the dramatic effects. He said yes. Mostly because he knew all the people we were going with (all either work or did work with us) and felt there wouldn't be too much awkward silence. We did end up going to The Time Traveler's Wife because we had heard good things about that movie and not the greatest reviews of the other. GOOD CHOICE!

We had a BLAST! Seriously it was awesome to get out of our house, have a break from work, school, and kids and just have ADULT time! We went to Olive Garden, then to Home Depot (yep Home Depot) to kill some time while waiting for the movie to start. Here we split off into a girl and boy group to browse. It was just plain good fun.

The movie was good and I of course cried at the end, figures, but very good. No I did not cry at...SPOILER...the butt shots but those actually were a little funny because each time they happened (really not that many) we glanced over at the boys to see their reaction, because we also sat girls and boys, not dates, well Chris and I still sat next to each other.

Anyway I rambled on WAY to long...but seriously it was a much needed break from life. Now Tiffany if you are reading this (duh I'll force you to if you haven't yet) I vote for go carts over paintball.

2 comments:

Quincy said...

Oh ya I totally Cried in the Time Travelers Wife... Loved it.

coley said...

oo, i may have to see that. steve said he'd actually go with me! though we may watch all about steve...