Friday, January 15

Pain and Suffering

Since no one has been reading this anyway, I figure I can complain here about what I don't verbally say. I pulled a muscle on Wednesday morning, the 13th of January. I decided upon waking up 7:30ish that I would stretch my arms. Apparently this was something that I should not have done. I felt a huge pop and immense pain. I tried to lay back down, it took several minutes of Chris helping me to find a semi-comfortable position with lots of pillows and blankets. I then tried to sleep the pain away.

After a 30 min nap and the rest of the time just hurting. I got up to walk around and to try and stretch it out. We applied icy hot, took 800 mg of Ibuprofen and grabbed the heating pad. I couldn't even lay back on my bed. So I camped out on the couch. By 2 it was worse so I had Chris turn on the hot water and I attempted to keep my back/neck in. It is one of the worse pains I have felt. Not quite as painful as having gallbladder pains while pregnant but close.

By 3 I knew I needed something more. I called the doc office and they fit me in at 4:30. I had my niece take me on a very VERY painful ride to the doctor's office. After waiting for 30 min, that's what you get when you are shoved in at the end of the day, the doctor came. It took me a few minutes to get my hoodie off. I had had this prob a year ago and he game me the same thing. Flexeril, a muscle relaxer. He did a medical note for my work and I decided to have him excuse me for the next day as well.

Well forward to today. All I have been doing is this cycle or a version of it anyway: take muscle relaxer, wait 4 hours while moving around on couch with heating pad attached and Chris having to help you adjust, take 800 mg of IB, wait 4 hours, take a hot shower, spill a cold drink all over you and the couch, fall asleep finally for 20 min only to be awakened by a child saying they want to lay by mommy, or a hug or etc. Very cute but EXTREMELY painful.

I decided today that I couldn't handle it. I called the doc at 11 am and they finally called back at 4 pm. They were giving me some Loratab. So I went to pick it up before work. I should not have come to work today. I hurt worse then the other days. I don't have a heating pad, can't turn my head, and have shooting pain whenever I try to stand up or sit down. This chair only locks in two places both of which are so uncomfortable. I think my co-workers think I'm faking. Anyway I wish I was at home, with a heating pad, and could fall asleep.

When I stand up I feel like I'm going to faint, but if I sit down I get shooting pain. Nice huh...win win...NOT.

Wanna know what I will probably have to do to get rid of the pain? Well Miss Brindi has too much weight up top if you get my drift. That is what has been causing this to reflame up. (I originally hurt my shoulder Winter 2002 at work.) So I need a reduction up top. Which means I either need to wait til I'm done having kids, get it done now and then have to re-do the surgery when I'm done having kids-and I might not be able to nurse those additional kids, or decide that two kids is enough, get the surgery and hope that it takes care of the issue.

Okay thanks for letting me vent.

3 comments:

coley said...

oh hun, i'm sending mental hugs your way, they don't hurt. i've had loratab before (cramps so bad to the point of no sleep or anything.) i hope it starts to get better and soon. and i hope you guys can figure out the best way to go about things.

brandya said...

Dearest friend, you are so sweet! i am so sorry to hear of your pain and I wish I could take it all away. You will be led and guided into what you need to do. In the mean time, sending prayers your way and know that I love you sooo much!

ps...sorry for the delay in writing. We just got hooked back up to the virtual world! So exicted to know what is going on. :) Sending love your way. Feel better soon!

Trista said...

So sorry. My mom is facing the SAME thing right now, of course she's done having kids, but reductions are expencive to boot! Pray & love. Hope you get better soon.