Monday, February 23

So I just completely blew up at work. My niece's boyfriend works right next to me. I can usually handle him though he is not my favorite person and I do not think he is the person for her. I can publicly state this because they both adamantly know this is what I believe. He even has told her that he is not in this for the long haul...who the crap says that? He is 10 years her senior too.
Anyway here's the story...I have dealt with him making stupid comments for about 2 years about the Rawlings' family, about me, about his girlfriend, about my husband and would normally just give a short comeback and then walk away.
Not this time. I was having a conversation with others and he and one of his co-workers stand up and want to know about. We were teasing and not telling them (really was not a big deal anyway) and anyway he started making stupid comments about all the "cool people...oh and you too Brindi". You know dumb things like that. So I just turned around and ignored him until he said...."And then there is Brindi's husband..."
I exploded. Enough was Enough! I am paraphrasing because so much came out of my mouth so fast I can't even tell you it word for word. But I can tell you one thing it was LOUD.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME JACK? YOU'VE SAID LIKE WHAT THREE WORDS TO HIM. AND THOSE THREE WORDS WERE CON-VERG-YS (I admit a lame comeback). WHAT THE CRAP MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO TALK ABOUT HIM AS A PERSON. I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD HIM AS A TEAM LEAD AND DISLIKE HIM. I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE WHO WERE ON A TEAM WITH HIM AND DISLIKED HIM. BUT YOU...YOU WHO HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO HIM. JUST SIT DOWN I CAN'T TALK TO YOU ANYMORE.
There was more but it ticks me off. It ticks me off when people judge without talking to someone (yes I know I've been a hypocrite on this one myself). But when it is my family, my husband, and the man I love....DON'T YOU DARE in front of me.
PISSED OFF doesn't begin to describe it.
So when he tried to butt into the conversation when I was explaining this to MY peers I blew up again. SIT DOWN JACK...I CAN'T HANDLE YOU RIGHT NOW. If you want to defend yourself later...maybe. But right now I am PISSED OFF. (I also should state I hate saying the word pissed which shows just how pissed off I was).
Then about 15 min later he tried to AIM me. I'm sorry Brindi. And I continued to be rude (probably too much at this point but I wasn't ready to talk to him yet)...I don't think you really are!
Yeah that is the brat I am. We'll see how this pans out. Hopefully it isn't so bad I can't stand to work around him anymore. I also would like my niece not to hate me for it.
....especially since I need her to babysit on Saturday during the Wedding.

2 comments:

coley said...

man, maybe this is just me, but i cannot immage you getting that pissed off, i've seen you mad, don't get me wrong, but wow. i hope you niece will still babysit for ya.

tnralvords said...

Wow girl I am sorry. From your description he doesn't sound like he is a great person. Is this the niece that I met? She seems so sweet, I can't imagine her dating someone like that. I hope that everything can cool down and it all works out. If you need a babysitter and I am feeling better you can always bring your kiddos over.