Wednesday, September 3

thoughts...?

So I'm trying to decide if I just totally ruined my chances for the Celestial Kingdom. Here's the story. So last night I made Chicken Tacos and the kids were both asleep so it was just Chris and I. Before we had prayer we realized we had no sour cream (which I could care less about but is a staple for my husband). He of course blamed me because I had gone to Lee's the night before for a quick run. I then bantered back that since he was so on top of the ball he could go ahead and pull out the one he had bought. Anyway back and forth ... back and forth. I was in fits of laughter. And here is where the question of my eternal destiny comes in...

Chris called on me to pray and I couldn't stop laughing. I could get as far as "Dear Heav" before I broke out in peals of laughter (over nothing I promise you). It seriously took me 5 minutes of this (and no help from Chris who refused to put me out of misery but saying the prayer) before I could mutter one of the shortest (word-wise) blessing on our dinner ever. And I still laughed a few times during it. Then came the close of the prayer. I could not do it...so much for keeping our prayers sacred and reverent. I was chastising myself and nothing helped. I finally blurted out "in the name of Jesus Amen" in a peal of laughter.

Then I threw my hand in the air and pleaded for forgiveness (though I doubt it was taken seriously as I still could not stop laughing). So sorry family, friends...I think I may have hurt my chances at eternal salvation.

At least my boys did not see this lack of correct parenting and examples. SIGH! :)

2 comments:

brandya said...

Oh, my dear friend, I am positive you are still going to the Celestial Kingdom! I know this because I know Heavenly Father has a sense of humor! He was probably laughing right along with you! If we can't laugh at things, what else is there?? :) Matt and I have had similar experiences where all I can do is laugh, or cry, and he, like Chris with you, refused to save me. Why is that?? :)

Brittney Richards said...

Yeah right! I'm sure it's not the first time that has happened.