Saturday, July 5

The Ranch


So it was time for the Annual Fourth of July trip to the Burt - Miller Ranch in the Unitas. This ranch was owned by my great grandpa and has been in the family since. It was operated for awhile by his son and then his grandson and this year was his great granddaughter's first try at it (my dad's cousin). They are always so welcoming to having anyone come at anytime and especially over the fourth weekend. We always have a ton of people up there I think we had about 200+ for the breakfast that morning. We get woken up at 7 am with a blast of dynamite (This year two!), but I had to have my sister come wake me up-long night. Chris had to work last minute so I took the two boys. Luckily I had a lot of help but it was still a long night with the two kids and my allergies were horrible. I even setup and took down the tent all by myself! GIRL POWER!
Devan did do an AMAZING job with his asthma. No difficulties but we were being preventative. He did so well that even though Nathan and I had to come home because I had to work a double shift today, Devan stayed with my family until Sunday!

This was with the fireworks setting on my camera! It was fun! The only plus (if you can call it that) to Chris not being able to join us was that our bank account didn't take a fireworks hit! This ranch is barely across the border from Wyoming about 20 minutes from Evanston. And that is all I'm saying. Usually him and Ben have fun but Ben was on his own this year. I did a few sparklers with the young cousins.

Nathan in his play pen in the shade!
My two boys in their Fourth Garb!



With Sasha, Ben's girlfriend, coming back from a tractor ride. Another must on a ranch trip! He loved to just go sit on the tractor too!

Grandpa Burt brought the pool from the Property and filled it up in the stream. All the cousins loved it-and my mom thought he was crazy for bringing it! Here are Devan and Nathan in their swimming gear with my second cousins Matthew and Shala!


More fireworks. I think I'll post some more from my sister's camera when she brings Devan back! Hope everyone else had a great holiday!

3 comments:

brandya said...

Wow! You took awesome fireworks pictures! None of mine turned out super cool so I am a little bummed, but such is life. I can't wait to read and see more about your trip to the ranch. Hope Devan is feeling better!! You are wonderful!!

Trista said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, even though you went "solo" with the kids. Your family is so cute. How fun is that with 2 boys!

tnralvords said...

You are brave taking your kids solo. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun.