Wednesday, July 30

Lately

We have had a lot going on. We went Sunday evening to my mother's for her side (Richards) extended FHE party to celebrate my cousin Rachel leaving on her mission to the baltics in August. We slept over and went with my parents and my Aunt Eileen, her 3 grandchildren and my 3 cousins to Ogden to see the Train museum (and car and guns, but we didn't spend much time in there). We stalled a lot but walked around the model trains inside and the big trains outside. We had lunch at the Restaurant there and got to watch the new Frontliner go by a few times. After lunch we headed over to ride the Frontliner to Farmington and back. The road from the Farmington train station out to the road and some of the lot are on my grandpa's old property. His house is still there being used as an office for now. The kids had a fun time! When we came back we still needed to stall (stay tuned) and so luckily Devan wanted to watch the model trains more. We did a lot more to stall and finally made our way back to BRC with a few more stalling stops. Our plans were to go to Crystal Hot Springs but for some reason there were loads of people at my parent's home. My Aunt Eileen, Brionne and I planned a suprise celebration for my mother's 50th b-day. I would give more comments on that but now's not the time...in a few days I may feel up to it.

So yesterday was my first day on the new job. It was nice...I listened to supervisor calls the first couple of hours (uneventful) and was supposed to walk the floor but with limited people we just did chats the last couple of hours. I was about to take a call but got to go home first. So I have yet to take an official Supervisor call. Maybe today!?!

I totally forgot also that my Visiting Teachers were coming yesterday. Because of our running around we got up late (like 11:30am). The kids had been put to bed in their clothes they wore on Monday and were eating Otter Pops for breakfast until I was awake enough to feed them more. I was still in PJs (and not the best pair of those). And Devan had dragged his mattress out and it and his bedding were in the middle of the room. Needless to say it was an interesting setup for a visit. But it was a nice visit nontheless.

Today I'm just drained from so much happening. I really wish I could not only have a good nap (but the kids don't feel like corresponding their naps) but I also could curl up with a really good book or take a hot bath for like an hour. Also a good hot meal that I don't have to think up or cook sounds heavenly. And I get to work 6 more days before a break.

So even though I have vented I realize my life is good. My heart goes out a my best friend who is having a really hard time right now. Even though I call I'm going to try to actually make that long travel (like maybe 10-15 blocks) to visit her after Chris gets off work. And my wonderful friends that I get to visit and teach seem to be down for different reasons. I think its time for me to learn to be a good friend, a bath, book and nap to try and be a charitable person. These are wonderful people who deserve good friendship.

No comments: