Sunday, February 15

Valentine's Day

Just barely took this at 3:30 am this morning. We came home late from Roy due to weather conditions, hence they are in their clothes since they were asleep already. Nathan came in our room about midnight when he woke up from a night terror and I was awoken about 3 am with Devan crawling in. I have been officially kicked out of my bed. Good thing we have a couch!
So I stayed up late to make some stuff for Chris and the boys for Valentines' day. Here are some brownies that I used a cookie cutter on.
Of course sugar cookies. I have a ton of Valentine's sprinkles so I had to make some cookies.
I strategically placed white roses (Chris' favorite flower) around the home where he'd find them while getting ready in the morning. Here are just a few:
Next to suit coat in closet.
On my desk right next to our bed on top of his cell (his alarm clock).
In the shower!! There were some next to the OJ in the fridge and on the cookie tray.

And the final two were here with his big card that sung and his bag of Hershey kisses, one of the only things that doesn't say "may contain trace amounts of peanuts". The boys got much needed new undershirts, new cups, some Valentine's Diego and Dora candy, and a Valentine's stuffed animal.
So for Valentine's we woke up early and Chris and the boys found their presents and we got ready to go. Sasha was going through the temple for her Endowment. They are getting married in two weeks. She choose the Bountiful temple, the same temple I received mine. Funny thing is exactly 5 years ago (because of leap year) we were at the same place on the same day. Saturday, Valentine's Day at the Bountiful temple. My cousin on my mom's side got married and right after my cousin on my dad's side received her endowments. We were living in Tooele at the time driving Chris' dad's '65 Mustang and it died at the temple. So we spent the ENTIRE day at the temple trying to fix it and then waiting for his parents to come help.
The Bountiful temple is up on a very high hill and my father-in-law ended up cruising it down this large hill through about 3 lights. No power just cruising. I about died. But the tow truck driver and my father-in-law saw it was a grounding problem so at least they didn't have to pay towing miles from Bountiful to Tooele. But we missed the reception in Tooele. Funny day.
So it was funny getting ready because of this last experience. We got ready and loaded up the boys and everything. We kept getting calls from family about the road conditions and the snow etc. We dropped off the kids at Scott and Mel's in Roy who kindly watched them for us! Then we headed down. Ok from Smith and Edwards (back a little) to about Layton there were about a dozen accidents. We saw about 5 tow trucks. So crazy and people still decided that going 75 MPH on the freeway...are you kidding me?
So we got to the temple on time and had a wonderful session. I'll post a little more on that later. But Sasha was wonderful and I am so excited for her and Ben. I was put in charge of getting a head count and calling the restaurant after. So some people were longer so I had to just guesstimate. I made a guess of 30 people...I know a ton huh. My dad said I had too many but guess what...26! So close huh!
We ate at Robintino's...nice for a V-day dinner. Chris had some chicken, ham and sauce concoction and fettuccine. I had half and half..ravioli and spaghetti! So amazing and yummy. Good food and good company. Then we headed back to see our kids that we had a 7 hour break from. Thanks again guys! They had so much fun. Chris crashed and I dealt with a couple kids who desperately needed naps but didn't want them. I felt bad because we weren't at home so I couldn't just lay them down and close the door. During his nap I got a few calls about the horrible conditions for the way home. After Chris woke up we decided to wait it out there instead of brave the storm. So we got Pizza Hut to repay them for babysitting. Had a good visit and Chris decided to call road conditions. We decided that it had moved on and then got ready to go.
It was perfectly fine. Roads wonderful and only a few very thin patches of fog. I'm so glad we waited. My sister said Sardine a few hours earlier had been the worst Winter driving conditions she had EVER seen.
But we are home and safe!! Oh here are the pics of our Anniversary/Valentine's presents to each other.

And here are some pictures from the past few days. He took his Percy train apart and put the top on the doorknob bumper thing and then used the bottom to knock it off. Funny stuff.
Apparently this is what we use underwear for. I don't know where he got this from.

1 comment:

brandya said...

Happy Valentine's Day! It sounds like you guys had a very interesting, spiritual, exciting day! I just realized how big your boys are getting! And so incredibly cute I have to say!