Pictures first....then long and in depth (includes gross sickness stuff beware). More for my journaling than anything but if you are up to it!!
Sorry for the long absence. Mostly we've been dealing with sickness that refuses to leave. It started with me being sick all of January with a horrible sore throat and more that was cultured twice and I was put on two separate antibiotics (thank goodness for insurance). And nothing...no strep no anything. Wait another week. So my kids got it... coughing, fever, "kiss mouth better mommy" sickness. Nothing...its been going around give it a few weeks. Finally we started feeling better. This was the weekend of our Anniversary. We decided to have my mother-in-law watch the kids so we can do sealings in the SLC temple on our anniversary. The Logan's been closed so we were excited to go. I thought we'd better double check so we looked at the website...open. YAY but I decided to make sure we could do sealings. We called and found out they were closed. We still decided to go to Jordan River and did a session. Did some shopping, etc. Went to Crown Burger...yummy and full of memories. When we got back to Tooele we found out that their cousins had spent the day with them. AWESOME...so we thought. Apparently they had previously had the flu that week, and one currently was having symptoms. URG! I love my family so much but why did my sister-in-law let her kids around ours. They were still doing well so we went to church the next day where Devan did amazing in Sunbeams (better than his two cousins in the class) and my other sister-in-law is the chorister and said he was a good singer. Makes a mom proud. But guess what...his cousins went too (to church with other kids). AHH! Maybe I'm overreacting but...we started to be sick on Monday. It started with Nathan. We were still sleeping at his parents and he was cuddled up next to me trying to go to sleep when he spewed...and this continued all night. Poor baby. You can't aim at a bucket so mom and son went through 6 outfits that night, sheets, 3 blankets, and his green monkey. He finally stopped throwing up and in the morning when the diarrhea started was when mom started to have problems. I know I have a weak stomach but....goodness sakes. I was going to DIE. Let's just say it was bad enough we had to stay another night. It was still bad for me the whole next day and I could barely move. We waited until I made it 2 hours and decided to make our move. Though I was nauseated we were doing well. VeggieTales in the background and going strong. As we were getting off at Brigham City though Devan threw up...another strike. So we stop at Wal-Mart and I strip off his coat and blankey in the parking lot and grab new PJs and pull-up and run him in. Get in just in time for mom to puke and ETC while Devan is standing crying at the other end of the handicap stall. I finally was done and stripped off his gross, and new I might add, PJs and try and get him to use the potty. "No mommy bum hurts." I am heartbroken. Then he starts to bawl again and says "No PJs No PJs." Killed me! We get him dressed and I scrub and wring out the pjs in the sink, along with my sweatshirt so I am freezing too. We run back out and Chris has cleaned his car seat so we bundle him back up with other blankets, towels and Monsters, INC while we go rinse out more things and put it all in a bag (good thing we did a ton of laundry there). We made it home just in time for all three of us to puke again. We had a wonderful (ha ha) day on Wednesday and Thursday still had problems so Chris had to take off because mom could barely take care of herself let alone other kids. We called the kids doctor and they said the flu was definitely going around so not to even bother just keep up on fluids etc. So we start to slowly get better. Devan was amazing so Brionne took him to see Grandma and Grandpa Burt and their new house. Apparently he had bowel issues there too. BAM Chris gets it...GREAT...very mocking tone. I HATE a sick husband. So he takes a day off. He was feeling better by Sunday so we go to church. And we have the next few days where we are GREAT!! I scrubbed and cleaned and lysoled and cloroxed every inch. Guess it didn't work because Wednesday my sore throat returned and I threw up today (rather yesterday). Devan's mouth and throat were hurting again on Wed so I took him in to the doctor because his asthma was getting out of control with it. Chris was home from work again feeling dizzy. Doctor said just a cold but to keep up on Tylenol and inhaler so it didn't kick his asthma into high gear. Everyone seems...seems to be doing well. But my throat...the thing that started this all.
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
5 comments:
Your house looks great. My favorite part is that your honey was watching the Gilmore Girls.
Technically I turned it on...but he secretly loves it.
i'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. it sucks being sick. though, i like it sometimes cause it means steve will teach our primary class, that is unless he's sick too.
Sorry you've been so sick. I really hope you all get feeling better soon!
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry that you have to go through that. I hate it when everyone is sick. I hope that you are all feeling better now.
Post a Comment