Saturday, June 14

Tags

So I've wanted to do those tag things that so many people do, but I always feel dumb just assuming that when someone says "everyone" they mean me. So I decided just to copy all the tags I've read from others and answer them all cause all three of my boys were asleep way early tonight and my body didn't want to shut down yet! You DO NOT have to read all these but feel free to!

¢ Nicknames: Brindi Dindi Do, Love, Sunshine Girl and Fred
¢ Are you taller than your mother or father? No
¢ Do you cry often during movies? YEP I’m an emotional sap
¢ What is your biggest pet peeve? People that don't use a blinker, people who smoke around people, especially children and their own kids.
¢ Favorite color: Purple
¢ Favorite foods: Junk Food, Chocolate, Spaghetti
¢ Favorite restaurants: Ruby Tuesdays, Maddox Ranch House
¢ Favorite beverage: Sprite, IBC Root beer, Ice Cold Water
¢ Favorite cold cereal: Marshmallow Mateys and Honey nut Cheerios
¢ Favorite smells: Freshly cut grass and fresh baked bread and clean babies
¢ Favorite time of day: Afternoon
¢ What brand of shampoo/conditioner do you use? Really any, not picky, right now I’m trying Herbal Essences Raspberry long hair kind-smells good
¢ Favorite make-up products? I don’t wear make-up
¢ How many pillows do you sleep with? One or ½ if I’m sharing with kids or husband
¢ Do you play an instrument? Piano and Violin but I don’t play either much right now
¢ Have you ever been skinny dipping? No
¢ Did you do any sports in High School? Swimming
¢ What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Prince Caspian
¢ What is your favorite article of clothing? Loose stretchy material, I have some sweat-like Capri’s I like, hoodie
¢ What is your dream vacation? I love to camp and for some reason I’ve always wanted to go to S. Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore
¢ What was your first impression of your spouse? I thought he was cute but that I wouldn’t get to know him…1. I was shy and 2. my sister had been on a date with him.
¢ If you were an animal what would you be? Penguin
¢ What is your favorite "me- time" activity? Reading, messing around on the computer/internet
¢ Favorite TV shows: Gilmore Girls, Heroes, Jericho and various others that I cycle through
¢ What is your dream car? Probably a suburban that got good gas mileage, I’m not a van person
¢ What is one of your weaknesses? Chocolate and wasting time
¢ What do you fix for dinner when there's nothing to fix? Mac and cheese or Pizza Hut
¢ If you could live in a different decade/era which one would it be? Umm I don’t think I’d survive in a different era
¢ Do you consider yourself outgoing? Depends but not really
¢ What is something you are constantly working on? Trying to like myself and not beat up on me.
¢ Any hidden talents? Hidden? Umm I’d like to think I’m an amazing cook hindered by lack of kitchen space.
¢ What is a word or phrase you overuse? BACK OFF! (To my husband, most of the time in a playful manner, not always though!)
¢ What was the hardest thing that happened to you this past year? Pregnancy and gall bladder problems and removal.
¢ What is the best thing that happened to you this past year? Nathan Ian Rawlings
¢ What is one thing you hope to accomplish this year? Get my house clean and keep it that way (HA), spend quality time with kids, take more classes and get closer to finishing this seemingly unreachable degree.
¢ The best piece of advice you learned this past year? Everyone has “bad mom” moments.

¢ What is your husband’s first name? Christopher
¢ Who eats more? Equal but I need to be more careful than him.
¢ Who said I love you first? Probably me but we both said it in the same conversation.
¢ Who is taller? Me by ½ of an inch. So if I’m barefoot and he’s wearing shoes it works.
¢ Who is smarter? Chris
¢ Who is more sensitive? Me, Chris keeps things buried until someone uncovers it.
¢ Who does the laundry? Both of us when it gets to the point we have absolutely no clothes or under garments.
¢ Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Chris sleeps on my right lately but we actually change it often depending upon what we are doing or where our bed is.
¢ Who pays the bills? Mostly me unless we have to call someone, I don’t do confrontation.
¢ Who cooks more? Me but don’t crazy thoughts that we have home cooked meals every evening…someday.
¢ What meals do you cook together? He’ll do the potatoes for me and a few other tasks if I ask him.
¢ Who is more stubborn? We are both very headstrong and that causes some issues.
¢ Who is first to admit they were wrong? I don’t know but I usually break down because I hate fighting and having tension.
¢ Who is cleaner? Chris…I’d like to think if we had a bigger house and if I didn’t work I’d do better.
¢ Who has more siblings? Equal we both have 1 sister and 2 brothers
¢ Who wears the pants in the relationship? Umm it depends on the day and who you ask J
¢ What do you like to do together? Play games and take care of kids, earlier it would have been a long list but we never see each other. Oh we like to just have conversations and debate and quarrel while we drive.
¢ Who eats more sweets? ME!
¢ Guilty Pleasures: Chris it is Computer Games by FAR!
¢ How did you meet? Sessions Honor Dorm of CEU. I knew of him before from my sister but I think the first interaction was seeing him and his roommate (who I knew from our home town) coming down the hall and yelling “Is your door locked?” then running in with a friend and locking the door while we used Window markers to write on their mirror~we did this to a lot of the dorm to get to know people. The next interaction was me telling him I couldn’t marry him because he had been on a date with my sister (can you say open mouth and insert foot?).
¢ Who kissed who first? Oh he kissed me first. It was my first kiss ever. We said we wouldn’t kiss until I had a ring on my finger. He gave me a promise ring and then just kissed me and I didn’t do anything for a few minutes and then a light bulb went off that I was getting kissed! Crazy huh!
¢ Who proposed? Chris but I kinda knew it was coming.
¢ Best Features? Sorry Brandy but my husband has the best combo of LONG eyelashes and beautiful blue eyes~WOMAN eyes I call him.
¢ What is his Best Quality? Patience and learning how to just roll with things.
¢ WHAT ARE FOUR JOBS THAT YOU HAVE HAD IN LIFE?Customer Service Representative, Shift Supervisor at a Quiznos, Tutor, and Attendant/Hostess at Maddox Ranch House
¢ WHAT ARE FOUR PLACES WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN?Mexico-for a day, a lot of camping places, Nauvoo, and home I guess (I’m boring)
¢ WHAT ARE FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS?chocolate, spaghetti, salad, junk food
¢ WHO ARE FOUR PEOPLE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET TO KNOW BETTER?1-members of my family 2-the ladies I Visiting Teach 3- myself 4-the people I claim to know well
¢ FOUR REASONS I LOVE BEING ME?Wow I have to say things I like about myself-I was doing so well with the things that need to change-----ummmm 1-being able to be a mom 2-having an understanding husband 3-ok I’m done
¢ WHAT ARE FOUR CLASSES YOU WISH WERE OFFERED TO YOU THAT YOU COULD PARTICIPATE IN RIGHT NOW?1-communication classes 2-parenting classes 3-photos/dig scrapbooking 4-learning to accept yourself
¢ WHO ARE SOME FRIENDS OR RELATIVES THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAG?I always change the wordings of these! Brionne I tag you and hope you enjoy~lol!
¢ Our names: Chris and Brindi
¢ How long have we been married? 4 years
¢ How long did we date? One year and 9 days
¢ How old are we? Chris 27 and Brindi 24
¢ Where does he work? Convergys
¢ Who mows the lawn? We live in an apartment so USU grounds
¢ Who sings better? Chris by far, I am just glad I can usually carry a tune.
¢ Who does the dishes? Mostly me but he’ll help load and unload the dishwasher if we are desperate.
¢ Whose parents do we see most? Mine they are only 40 minutes away versus 2 hours for Chris’ parents.
¢ Who has more friends? Me because he doesn’t keep in contact and I make new ones all the time
¢ What I was doing 10 years ago (1998):1) Getting ready for Middle School2) playing around3) annoying my parents/siblings4) …5) …
¢ 5 things on today's to-do-list:1) Go on a walk with my boys2) clean up the living room
¢ 3) write Bridger a letter4)do a load of dishes5) survive work
¢ 5 snacks I enjoy:1) chocolate2) cereal3) desserts4) raw veggies5) chips
¢ 5 things I would do if I were a billionaire:1) take care of our debt by paying our car off2) get a home
3) help family members/set aside for future family members4) donate to church charities5) visit Canada and hopefully a few more places with my family
¢ 5 of my bad habits:1) eating chocolate2) sleeping in3) not putting away laundry and just picking up in general4) too obsessed with “Being on time”-according to my husband, I think 15 minutes early is fine5) and for chris…not closing drawers
¢ 5 places I have lived:1) Bear River City, UT2) Price, UT3) Tooele, UT
4) 765 E. 900 N. Apt. 4 Logan, UT5) 5 Aggie Village Apt. A Logan, UT
¢ 5 jobs I have had:1) Babysitter2) Attendant and Hostess at Maddox Ranch House3) Tutor for Student Support Services4) Shift-Supervisor for Quiznos Sandwich Shop5) Customer Service Representative
¢ 5 things I'd like to be doing in 25 years (I'll be 49):1) Have grandchildren2) breathing and taking a break from being an active full-time mom3) working with elementary school in literacy 4) maybe taking a few trips5) figuring out what we want to do with the reset of our lives

A-Z TAG

A: Attached or Single- Attached . . . Married for 4 years.
B: Best Friend- Chris but girl friend I’d have to say Camille even though we only talk on the phone (and she even lives in the same town as me-sad)
C: Cake or Pie- cake
D: Day of Choice- right now Sundays and Mondays cause I get to see my husband.
E: Essential Items- sadly a computer but I think I use my phone a lot and I love my camera.
F: Favorite Color- purple
G: Gummy Bears or Worms- Worms
H: Hometown-Bear River City, UT
I: Favorite Indulgence- Chocolate!
J: January or July- July
K: Kids-2 boys, Devan and Nathan
L: Life is not complete without- Family and my religion
M: Marriage Date- January 24, 2004
N: Number of Brothers and Sisters- 1 sister, 2 brothers-not counting in-laws
O: Oranges or apples- both depends on mood
P: Phobia or Fears- something hurting my kids or husband, being a widower, and as for phobias (don’t laugh)-I hate touching wet clothes, being in wet clothes anything it gives me that nails on blackboard feeling, same thing with cotton balls
Q: Quote- I have a lot but this is my current fav…even though I don’t follow it:
"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo daVinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."~H.Jackson Brown, Jr.
R: Reasons to smile- I really am blessed with my husband and kids and where I live and the little extras everyday.
S: Superman or wonder woman- I don’t really care…is that bad?
T: Tag -Brionne
U: Unknown Fact about me- I hate to hurt people and beat them up emotionally etc but seem to be okay with doing it to myself.
V: Vegetable- ohh I love lots of veggies…steamed veggies are currently my fav but a good cob of corn sounds absolutely divine
W: Worst Habit- worst-too many to choose from, probably beating up on myself
X: X-ray or ultrasound- what kind of question is this? I guess ultrasound but there are so many depends factors.
Y: Your favorite food- Chocolate
Z: Zodiac Sign-Virgo
Book Tag:
Rules:1. Open nearest book2. Open to pg. 1233. Record Sentence 5Joe 4584 W Sam Fellow Rd…….BNSN 84335 753-1064
(sad that the nearest was a telephone book please don’t call Mr. Seamons because I really don’t know him at all~ now I’ll do another book) Now I keep coming up with kid’s books that don’t have that high of a number, I’ll keep looking...
22 And thou shalt make upon (and….)
Then Jill had an inspiration.
Rainbow’s End Novel was under scriptures!

3 facts/habits about me: 1. I have always wanted to be a mom more than anything. That is the reason I told Chris I was marrying him and I love it. I wish I could get my degree in Motherhood!2. I love to read very, VERY much but don’t do it very often right now because if I start a book I do not do anything at all. I get so immersed in the book I don’t sleep, my house goes to ruins, and when I’m supposed to do homework-well it doesn’t get done! So if you want me to be lazy please hand me a book~but will you watch my kids! 3. I beat up on myself constantly for not being the best/ideal mother and wife. I get mad that I haven’t finished my degree that I don’t keep a perfect house, that my kids sometimes go the whole day in pajamas and don’t necessarily eat three perfect square meals a day. I try very much to live up to a lot of ideals and get mad when I fail. But I also love to be different~~try to figure that one out and then tell me so I understand!

The Senses

Favorite smell: Freshly baked bread (and I don’t make it), freshly mowed lawn, clean babies
Favorite sight: Devan just being nice to Nathan all by himself without being asked to…giving kisses, having laughing fests, talking to him etc; coming home to a clean house; sleeping babies – especially if they are cuddled together with Daddy
Favorite taste: umm Chocolate
Favorite sound: quiet-that’s horrible to say, no I love the giggles my two boys have when they make each other laugh
Favorite touch: I love Chris to play with my neck and hair. I also love butterfly kisses from Devan.

1 comment:

brandya said...

I loved reading and getting to know you better, but I have just one thing to say, You are way too hard on yourself friend! You are so wonderful just the way that you are. I have done a lot of thinking on this very subject for quite somtime: we grow up in a culture and society that says, "You must keep a clean house. You must cook three amazing meals a day. You will look and act a certain way.." I could really go on all day. But what it comes down to is you are just the way you are for a very special reason and purpose. I love you just for being you!!