Wednesday, June 25

Sick Sick Sick

So I was starting to feel sick earlier from allergies but Sunday night it got worse. I dealt with Monday, even having a family BBQ at our apartment. Tuesday was horrible! Hardly any sleep, couldn't breathe, wanted to gouge my eyes out, my sinus area and head had so much pressure and my throat burned so bad. So I didn't go to work and just tried to survive. That night was a long one! Nathan started to have a runny nose and his schedule was off so I had about 3 hours total sleep (including naps). I took off work again and went to the InstaCare as soon as Chris was home from work.

I considered taking Nathan too but he still just had a runny nose and no other symptoms. So I have a horrible huge big bad sinus infection! I think the pharmacy thinks I'm insane. We were there Monday morning getting Devan his new Inhaler, he pretty much has Asthma now. We have to give him two puff a day of this steroid to keep him normal but we'll still use the Albuteral for when he has attacks and is wheezing. The doctor also gave us some granules to use about an hour before we go anywhere where we know he's had problems before. That afternoon I had to go have 3 cavities filled in Brigham City and I went to the other Dentist because of some scheduling issues but he was wonderful and didn't want me to have any pain so I got way, WAY numbed up! But he did give me a prescription for toothpaste (yep my teeth are HORRIBLE) and back to the pharmacy I went to fill that.

We did have a family BBQ with Brionne, Ben, Sasha, Bethannie and Chris' childhood friend Dan visited us for awhile. It was fun but I was still numb. I didn't want to miss out on the good food so I still ate but kept biting my cheek, lip, tongue etc!

Anyway back to my story...I get so sidetracked...so you can imagine that when I went this third time for my prescription for my sinus infection our pharmacist felt bad for me! We decided it would be good if we stopped running into each other there!

We did have two boys who had fevers last night and Nathan has been feeling sick too. Devan is feeling fine now but Nate has been having problems breathing. Last night he would only fall asleep being held and at an incline so I have a crick in my neck and shoulders too! But since I am still nursing the doctor said he'll get some of the antibiotic this way but to just watch for a few things to see if we need to take him back in.

All yesterday and today this already clingy, mamma's boy just wanted to be held by mom! I am just so exhausted. Devan has been overly ornery and just a bully to Nathan which actually is unusual but I guess was bound to happen. So when Chris came home from work today I just told him...There are your kids, they both need naps...I'm going to be dead on our bed! I took a blessed 3 1/2 hour nap and was dead to society. But it did help my mood and I was pleasantly awakened by a hug and kiss from a sticky 2 1/2 year old, then when I tried to give him a kiss was told "No Way!" and he ran away!

I slowly sat up and found I couldn't breathe again and that I was 1 1/2 late taking my pills (no idea I would sleep that long). So I got my pills and tried to calm down Nathan who was more than ready for his mom back. He just kept crying and crying. It didn't help that I had to suck the snot out of his little nose...that just kills me every time. So just about an hour ago I finally had had it and broke down and told Chris...Is it my turn to be held? My wonderful husband did just that!

Anyway I have just blabbed on for way, WAY too long but it sometimes feels good to vent. SO THERE YOU GO!

2 comments:

brandya said...

Oh sweetie, I wish I was there to help you with your babies so you could get some more sleep!! I am sorry you are not feeling well and I am praying for your quick recovery! I know I am nearly 1,000miles away, but let me know what I can do for you. For now, you and your family are in our prayers! Sending love and health your way friend! Love ya

Rawlings Family said...

You are always so sweet. Thanks so much.