Monday, June 9

Life in the Rawlings Residence

Well I am running on no sleep. Really I truly am. So why am I not catching up now? The same reason I have no sleep. Devan is sick. So he has never be "diagnosed" with asthma but he has been in several times and he was finally given an inhaler with a kids attachment. The first couple of times he screamed but now he does it PERFECTLY! I just feel so bad for him. Saturday we went to Chris' Grandma Moulton's 92nd B-day party and played at a park. Before it got started he was breathing hard from running around so we gave me his inhaler. We had fun and so did he. His cousin Sebastian and him had a great little conversation going.

There was a big hill that he loved to play on but I'm sure that didn't help things either.

Well we went to Scott and Melanie's house in Roy after and I didn't plan to bring Benadryl but he got really bad after there on the way home. They have three cats and he loves them but we've come to the conclusion that he's probably allergic because it was the LONGEST night. We used his inhaler again and still he was having a hard time breathing. Then the throwing up started because of the horrible coughing. He probably threw up at least five times. It wasn't until five thirty when he was good and asleep on the couch. So I slept on the living room floor while nursing Nathan. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep and even when Devan slept I kept waking up to check on him. But in the morning (relatively speaking-like noon) he was very happy and feeling better. We did have to use his inhaler again today though. So we were horrible sinners :) and didn't go to church (@ 11). Oh and Nathan has thrush, so he has to take medicine and mom has to take precautions not to get it. Oh life is fun!

Such is the role of parenthood. I'm just glad he's doing better, it breaks my heart when they are sad and look at you with the face that says "Mom fix this!" The kids went outside for a few minutes. I thought it was amazing how fast Nathan can make his walker go! ~ BTW since I got in trouble for not telling others, Nathan is crawling now. He mostly still scoots but if he really, REALLY wants something he'll go. He also sometimes gets stuck in the backwards motion-its hilarious!

Sorry for the LOUD Breathing!

I know I'm posting a lot, but oh well. We are sending a package to my brother, Bridger who is on a mission in Oregon. Devan colored a lot of pictures for him and I baked cookies and we got a few CDs to send.

I'll leave you with a funny moment. Devan LOVES VeggieTales and this is him singing the Theme Song.

Sorry for my singing a-long, and the cell phone going off!

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hey Brindi, is that park in North Ogden? It looks exactly like the park Braxton plays T-ball at every Monday and Wednesday. That hill is extremely crazy, I hate climbing up it to check on Gabe at the playground.